Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Tuesday Featured Artist--My Chic Things

We as women all know the torture of going to the mall to find the perfect accessory, only to spend hours popping in and out of stores, getting trampled on by impatient shoppers, and finally spying that great printed tee, only to find that the only sizes left are "XXXXXL" and "What am I, ten??" It's happened to all of us. The disappointment of leaving the house excited, checkbook ready, and trudging home forlorn and empty handed.

Why subject yourself to this disastrous shopping fate when you can shop at home, in your jammies for crying out loud, at My Chic Things, quite possibly one of the best one stop shopping boutiques?

Beth of My Chic Things has everything from jewelry, apparel, and accessories, to home accents, spa products, and gifts that you just simply won't find in a mall. One of my personal favorites is the Mocha Java Mint Scrub. Tell me you just don't want to dive right into this and completely lose yourself!!



I had the pleasure of getting to know a little more about Beth and My Chic Things. A mother, first grade school teacher and business owner--amazing! Read on, and get to know her a little better as well. But don't forget to check out My Chic Things first--I personally think every woman needs a Shemergency Survival Kit!

What has been your proudest moment as a business owner?
Proudest moment....that's a hard one. My entire family started jumping around the room and cheering when I got my first order. Funny thing was the order was placed by my sister-in-law! I was so happy that my family supported me in my decision to start my own business.


What has been your best selling item?
The Denise Tjarks handbags from Hawaii. Each one is so unique. You can't own just one! I'm getting ready to stock brand new ones for Spring.


How do you balance family life with running your own business?
Balancing is very difficult and I often think that I'm not doing a very good job. My husband does all the cooking and often the house looks like a tornado hit it. I get up really early @5:30 and tend to my 2 businesses. I teach school from 8:00-4:00 and then go back to my businesses on the computer until midnight. All my hard work is paying off though.



What piece of advice would you offer other women business owners?
Piece of advice....another hard question.
Make sure your family supports your decision.
Have plenty of money to start. It's very expensive to open and run a web boutique.
Have a good coffee pot. I recommend Keurig!
Know in your heart that you can succeed!



Thanks, Beth!!! I'll be sure to stop by My Chic Things very soon!!

1 comment:

Good Girl Gone Shopping said...

I can totally attest to the fabulousness of Beth's shop. I love My Chic Things, and happy to say that I have turned my friends/ clients onto her site. Thanks for the interview Geeta! (Your rings are gorgeous)