Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Tuesday Featured Artist--Slymagpie!

As a woman, I know how fabulous I feel when I acquire a new pretty. Whether it be a shirt, pair of shoes, or a slick pair of jeans that do superb justice to my caboose, we all like to feel like princesses. I don't know about you, but I just don't feel like I'm "complete" without accessories to compliment my wardrobe.

Sometimes it's just a pair of earrings, others a rockin' necklace. And every now and then, all I need to acheive "completeness" is a dainty little ring. Well, lucky for me, I can get all of those things at Slymagpie! This chic little boutique has the most unique jewelry I've ever come across, specializing in semi-precious stones and precious metals. Lovely wood pieces are even incorporated into designs, as with A Round of Cognac. You'd be hard pressed to NOT find something you just can't live without.

I had the opportunity to get to know a little more about Margaret of Slymagpie. I think you should continue reading and do the same! But don't forget to stop by Slymagpie yourself and pick out a pretty of your very own!!




What makes your business unique when compared to others in this category?
My style is always evolving. I have so many ideas, I worry I'll never get to them all! I also use a mix of new and vintage findings in my work. Some of them are actually from my mother's collection, so they are really special.

Where do you draw inspiration for your creations, products, or services?
I really couldn't say. Sometimes I just buy materials and figure it out later, sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and think about things I want to try, and sometimes, I just melt stuff and hope for the best. hee hee...

What has been your proudest moment as a business owner?
the first time someone who wasn't a friend or family member bought something from my store! Also, on Christmas morning, I had the serious warm fuzzies thinking about how many people would be opening gifts purchased from my shop. Totally humbling.

What product or service has been your best selling item. Why do you think that is?
My daisy rings have been really popular. They're really labor intensive, but it's worth it to make something so special. They would be pretty hard to figure out, so I hope they stay "just mine" for a little while at least!
Photobucket
How are you able to balance your work and family life, while still continuing to nurture and grow your business?
ha! not very well. my baby is my first priority, but after that it's a bit of a toss up. Sadly, taking care of the house often loses to inspiration!

If you could offer one piece of advice to other women business owners, what would that be?
The hardest advice to follow...don't sell yourself short! Respect yourself and your work and others will, too.

Thank you, Margaret!!!!!!! xoxo

No comments: